Sunday, November 8, 2015

De Kalb Zouaves

Here's the 41st NYV done.  (For more information on the regiment, please see this previous post.


The light is a bit tricky at this time of year, and it brings out the glossiness of the miniatures - there was an "accident" with Krylon Matte Finish (won't be using that anymore!) that left them shinier rather than duller, and Testors Dullcote couldn't quite remedy the problem.


Company A in their zouave uniforms.

I couldn't get the colors to flap very convincingly, and I'm also not sure they're "correct."  To my knowledge the regiment's colors were not preserved or documented, so I gave them a generic NYSV color and a Union color with a fairly common variation on the stars in the Union (the blue part).

All in all I'm quite pleased with them.  I'm also very glad to be done with them, since I was really getting tired of sculpting the boots.

Next up is the 27th Pennsylvania (about half done).

No comments:

Post a Comment