Monday, February 15, 2016

Knight of Evendim

     Another semi-LotRO-inspired project here.

     Every once in a while I like to wander around the shores of Lake Evendim, which is, I think, one of the most beautiful and peaceful regions in the entire game.  For those of you who don't play, there are a number of old Arnorian ruins there, reverently watched over by some Rangers.  I'd been toying with the idea of recreating them in miniature for some years but couldn't quite get myself to start on the project until recently.

     The image on the shield is meant to resemble the view westward across Lake Evendim after the sun has set, with the spire of Tinnudir visible on the right.  Looking at it I am reminded of the shield of King Arthur in Culhwlch and Olwen, which is called Wynebgurthucher, or "Face of Evening."

     The miniature is one of the old Rangers of the North that came out in one of the early SBG supplements.  Very handsome figures, to my mind.  This wound up being perhaps the most complicated conversion I've ever done; I had to cut out and reposition the left forearm, grind off the quiver, and then re-sculpt the cloak.

     There might be a few more of these in the pipeline. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment